- an evening when the theatre was available regularly,
- a night when "Our Club", a drop in club house in Victoria, was closed,
- not on a night when the regular theatre is cheap ( remember when it was 'Two Dollar Tuesdays'),
- not on weekends, so the family can be free to go out of town, (we do show occasional special events on Saturdays),
- always on holidays, because those long weekends on the ward are interminable with nothing going on for three days.
We start at 6:30 because for some reason at the hospital dinner is served at 4:30, making an awful long evening,- and so that people can get back home by 9ish.